Upward Bound is a TRIO program funded by the U.S. Department of Education and applicants must meet eligibility criteria in order to be considered for project participation.
- Attend a high school served by UB (see list below),
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident,
- Have college potential but need additional support to be fully prepared, and
Qualify by EITHER
- Meeting family income guidelines established by the U.S. Department of Education
- Being a potential first-generation college student (neither natural nor adoptive parent living in the home has a four-year degree).
Northeast Missouri target schools served by Truman State Upward Bound:
- Adair R-I (Novinger)
- Kirksville R-I
- Knox Co. R-I (Edina)
- LaPlata R-II
- Macon R-I
- Milan C-II
- Putnam Co. R-I (Unionville)
- Schuyler Co. R-I (Queen City)
- Westran R-I (Huntsville)
Successful applicants will demonstrate academic potential, need for program services and the desire to earn a college degree.
Students joining Upward Bound must actively participate in our after school program during the academic year and in our on-campus summer academy. Once accepted, we expect students to continue with the program for the duration of their high school career and immediately enroll in the college of their choice following graduation.